2 Full Day or condensed 1 Day
On location, Conference,
Australia Wide + International Virtual Delivery
Strengths Based Approach
The Strength-Based approach is a “work practice theory” which focuses on an individual’s self-determination and strength (Strengths-Based Models in Social Work; McCashen, Wayne ). This type of approach builds the team members ability to engage their strengths, specifically seeing themself as resourceful and resilient when they are in adverse conditions (Strengths-Based Models; McCashen, Wayne ).
A strengths approach is a positive and collaborative approach that channels intrinsic motivation and core strength. Focusing on strengths does not mean ignoring challenges or struggles. The strengths approach has broad applicability across several settings. There is strong evidence that using a strengths-based approach can improve social networks and relationships enhance well-being, resilience and goal achievement. It can also be a positive support tool in understanding and resolving character conflict with a renewed sense of hope and greater trust within the relationship.
A strength-based approach promotes positive views of individuals and takes focus away from blame or judgment on a societal level. This alternative view may contribute to increased empathy and a path to a commitment to building positive support and outcomes. This is highly relevant in the customer service industry and enables staff to better understand their clients’ needs and appreciate client frustrations through a strengths lens.
The Strengths-Based Approach Program includes:
- Discover the principles and research supporting a strengths approach
- Discover strategies to build High-Quality Connections
- VIA strengths use in a work environment – engaging intrinsic motivation
- Strengths coaching and STRONG goalsetting framework
- Appreciative Inquiry and reframing problems
- Discover strengths spotting and appreciative coaching techniques
Jane Wundersitz is the lead facilitator for this program and is the Master Trainer for VIA Strengths
She has personally worked with and graphed the strengths of over 200 teams and 8000 individuals. She shares tools and strategies to map a team’s strengths, guides participants to where challenges may arise and provides tips to build on team strengths dynamics.
We adapt the delivery to best support client needs. The program is best as 2-day delivery or four half days with practical home-work activities to support embedding practices.
- Executive Leaders looking to lead with a contemporary edge
- Senior Leaders focussed on growing a positive, progressive and productive culture
- Successfully delivered Public Sector, Large Scale Network Marketing, Corporate, Not For Profit
- Leaders aiming to grow engagement
- Team Leaders aspiring to Senior roles + Executive Assistants
- Suitable for team leaders and new leaders – although ‘Authentic Leadership’ is our foundations program
- Increased focus on a positive culture leadership driven
- Leadership role modelling mental agility and better equipped to support their teams through change
- Create a more fertile environment for collaboration, belonging and a focus on strengths.
- Increase in positive communication
Jane Wundersitz: Australia & International Virtual delivery. Keynote Plenary Speaker, Conference, Executive and Leadership, Public Sector. Dip. Positive Psychology & Wellbeing specialised in Positive Leadership + 20 Years Leadership Development experience , Leading Positive Change CWRU | Australia Wide | Adelaide | Canberra | Sydney | Perth | Alice Springs | Brisbane |Darwin
Belinda Sudano: Executive and Leadership Corporate and Schools | Psychologist Dip. Positive Psychology and Wellbeing | Melbourne
Kasey Lloyd: Executive and Leadership Corporate and Schools | Positive Psychologist Brisbane | Gold Coast | Cairns
VIA Strengths or VIA Pro Report
We recommend Kym Cameron Cameron, K. S. (2008). Positive leadership.
He describes what makes positive leadership so positive—what he terms “positively deviant performance”—and notes some of the results you can expect from such leadership, including impressive gains in productivity and effectiveness. Kim Cameron is one of Jane’s personal favourite researchers – a great gift for a leadership conference.
Cameron, K. S. (2008). Positive leadership. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.
Porath, C. (2016). Give your team more effective positive feedback. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2016/10/give-your-team-more-effective-positive-feedback
Ilies, R., Morgeson, F. P., & Nahrgang, J. D. (2005). Authentic leadership and eudaemonic well-being: Understanding leader-follower outcomes. Leadership Quarterly, 16, 373-394.
Seligman, M. E. P. (2002). Authentic happiness: Using the new positive psychology to realize your potential for lasting fulfilment. New York: Free Press.
In-Person Energising Keynote and Interactive Conference Workshop
- Australia Keynote Plenary Speaker POA From $3000 +GST (+ travel /accom if required)
- Interactive Conference Workshop | Half | Full Day POA Starts from $4000 +GST: cards/ table whiteboards etc. to support engagement for 26 tables groups up to 260 participants
- International Keynote POA (post-Covid-19)
*POA Varied speakers available – travel /accom additional
* Small team and Not for Profit/ Volunteer Group/ Student or Graduate groups/ Network events/ significantly COVID impacted industry / South Australian Based Business discounts- may apply for off-peak days.
- Half-Day In- house workshop POA from $2000 – $3500+GST
- Full-Day POA from $3500 – $5000 +GST
Virtual: 6 > 1000+ participants
- Virtual Keynote or Conference POA from $1800 +GST
- 2 x 90 min from $2000 +GST
- Half from $1600 +GST | Full from $2500 + GST
Value Package Options: Discount applies for bookings of 3 or more workshops virtual/ live or a combination. Online delivery option, please inquire.
- The Pink Flamingo: Culture Transformation Package
- Power Leaders Package
- Power Team Package
- Driving Positive Change Package
- SSO Package
We have supported over 8000 people to discover strengths
“"Jane came and ran a day workshop with us focused on identifying our individual strengths so that we could understand how they could come together to contribute to the objectives of ‘the whole’. It was a great day of theory and practice, as it helped bring teams into a closer working relationship through some fun exercises, but also left us with some practical tools to assist with collaborative problem-solving.””Aaron CrowtherExecutive Director, Communications & Brand
“"Well worth doing. Enjoyed finding out more about my colleagues strengths and my own."”JeromePlanning Department City of Karratha Strengths Based Team building Positive Psychology at Work
“"Enjoyed the way it flowed and I discovered parts of my personality that I did not realise. Open, kind and genuinely interested presenter."”AbeGenie Solutions Positive Strengths-based Team building workshop Melbourne
“"10 Great vibe in the room. Enjoyed the focus on teamwork and understanding each other makes a job a lot easier. Very entertaining. GREAT TRAINING."”TaliaDormakaba Strengths based team building Brisbane