60 | 90 min
On location, Conference,
Australia Wide + International Virtual Delivery
Listening Workshop for Leaders and Teams. Listening Training for the Workplace
Communication is the most essential skill in life and critical to your effectiveness as a leader and as a team member.
Some common listening mistakes include;
– Daydreaming or thinking of something else while another person is talking.
– Thinking of what you are going to say next.
– Judging what the other person is saying.
– Listening with a specific goal/ outcome in mind.
We may appreciate the value in attentive listening although the highest form of listening is empathetic listening. Empathetic listening really gets inside another person’s frame of reference and is an entirely different paradigm.
Empathetic listening is so powerful as it gives you accurate data to work with. You are listening with your ears, your eyes and your heart. You listen for feeling, for meaning and you listen for behaviour. It is more than ‘active listening’ or reflective listening. Deep, positive relationships can only be developed by listening to each other (Weger, Castle and Emmett 2010)
Overview of this workshop
- The importance of listening | Self-awareness: Noticing how you listen
- Autobiography tendencies in leadership – being misled by our bias and filters
- Insights from noticing what gets in the way of empathetic listening
- Listening with curiosity- Practice and opportunities to apply
- How to spot defensive communication ( and non -verbal signs). What we say and how we say it creates a communication climate (the emotional tone of the conversation)
- Discover six characteristics of supportive communication climates
- Discover the Active constructive responding model (Gable, Reis, Impett, and Asher 2004)
- Discuss challenges that can arise in communicating in remote relationships and hybrid teams
- Executive Leaders looking to lead with a contemporary edge
- Senior Leaders focused on growing a positive, progressive and productive culture
- Successfully delivered Public Sector, Large Scale Network Marketing, Corporate, Not For Profit
- Leaders aiming to grow engagement
- Team Leaders aspiring to Senior roles + Executive Assistants
- Suitable for team leaders and new leaders – although ‘Authentic Leadership’ is our foundations program
- Increased trust through greater understanding of another’s situation.
- Leadership role modelling excellent communication skills.
- Create a more fertile environment for collaboration, belonging and empathy.
- Increase in positive communication
Jane Wundersitz: Australia & International Virtual delivery. Keynote Plenary Speaker, Conference, Executive and Leadership, Public Sector. Dip. Positive Psychology & Wellbeing specialised in Positive Leadership + 20 Years Leadership Development experience , Leading Positive Change CWRU | Australia Wide | Adelaide | Canberra | Sydney | Perth | Alice Springs | Brisbane |Darwin
Belinda Sudano: Executive and Leadership Corporate and Schools | Psychologist Dip. Positive Psychology and Wellbeing | Melbourne
Kasey Lloyd: Executive and Leadership Corporate and Schools | Positive Psychologist Brisbane | Gold Coast | Cairns
VIA Strengths or VIA Pro Report
We recommend Kym Cameron Cameron, K. S. (2008). Positive leadership.
He describes what makes positive leadership so positive—what he terms “positively deviant performance”—and notes some of the results you can expect from such leadership, including impressive gains in productivity and effectiveness. Kim Cameron is one of Jane’s personal favourite researchers – a great gift for a leadership conference.
Cameron, K. S. (2008). Positive leadership. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.
Porath, C. (2016). Give your team more effective positive feedback. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2016/10/give-your-team-more-effective-positive-feedback
Ilies, R., Morgeson, F. P., & Nahrgang, J. D. (2005). Authentic leadership and eudaemonic well-being: Understanding leader-follower outcomes. Leadership Quarterly, 16, 373-394.
Seligman, M. E. P. (2002). Authentic happiness: Using the new positive psychology to realize your potential for lasting fulfilment. New York: Free Press.
In-Person Energising Keynote and Interactive Conference Workshop
- Australia Keynote Plenary Speaker POA From $3000 +GST (+ travel /accom if required)
- Interactive Conference Workshop | Half | Full Day POA Starts from $4000 +GST: cards/ table whiteboards etc. to support engagement for 26 tables groups up to 260 participants
- International Keynote POA (post-Covid-19)
*POA Varied speakers available – travel /accom additional
* Small team and Not for Profit/ Volunteer Group/ Student or Graduate groups/ Network events/ significantly COVID impacted industry / South Australian Based Business discounts- may apply for off-peak days.
- Half-Day In- house workshop POA from $2000 – $3500+GST
- Full-Day POA from $3500 – $5000 +GST
Virtual: 6 > 1000+ participants
- Virtual Keynote or Conference POA from $1800 +GST
- 2 x 90 min from $2000 +GST
- Half from $1600 +GST | Full from $2500 + GST
Value Package Options: Discount applies for bookings of 3 or more workshops virtual/ live or a combination. Online delivery option, please inquire.
- The Pink Flamingo: Culture Transformation Package
- Power Leaders Package
- Power Team Package
- Driving Positive Change Package
- SSO Package
This is What Our Clients Thought
“'Dynamic, fun and honest. Enjoyed the variation in activities and the content on positive intent through conflict.'”Jane Manwaring : Director of School CultureQueensland Academies: Science Maths and Technology
“'It was a great day. Feedback has been really positive. I am sure it will go a long way to strengthening teams'.”Rema Grennan : Operations Management Division- Dept. Human ServicesDepartment of Human Services Leadership Conference
“The training was fantastic - clear and engaging. I'm already using the strategies at work and home in how I communicate and listen. I'm so glad I attended.”Janine PlummerNDIS I can jump puddles