2hr In-person or 90min Virtual
On location, Conference,
Public or Client Virtual + Online Soon
Australia Wide + International Virtual Delivery
Giving & Receiving Feedback
Conversations that Count: powerful and positive communication at work
Good communication characterises high functioning workplaces. This workshop will build your ability to listen and speak effectively when it matters most. We cover crucial communication skills essential to support you to communicate positively within a team, give and receive feedback across a team, and to listen effectively. These skills have a major impact on your job effectiveness, and on the quality of your relationships with others.
Developing positive relationships requires empathy. Emotion researchers generally define empathy as the ability to sense other people’s emotions, coupled with the ability to imagine what someone else might be thinking or feeling. It requires deep listening to others, understanding verbal and nonverbal cues, and building the ability to appreciate the differences in others.
The ability to put judgement aside can be a key to building a level of trust in relationships that is truly vibrant, genuine, open and honest. Expressing care for another is more natural in some people than in others and is a skill that can be taught and nurtured.
This workshop will cover:
- Discover your communication energy network : 3 components of Positive Communication
- Recognising the signs that it is time to talk about a situation
- Challenging conversations in the spot light
- Insight into your own communication style under stress and identify the impact
- Identify emotional and behavioural barriers and ways to overcome reluctance to receiving and giving feedback
- Use techniques to constructively initiate a discussion
- Discover the power of empathy in building trust
- Prepare and deliver feedback in a way that builds confidence in what you are saying
- Use techniques to prepare for receiving feedback, judge its validity and make decisions on what to do with the feedback
- Identify practical strategies to assist when responses to feedback are not helpful, acknowledging and refocusing these responses.
*3 hr workshop: option of communication profiling: 10 min hard copy during the workshop
- Suitable for Leaders , Team members and all of staff professional development.
- Create a more fertile environment for collaboration, belonging and positive communication.
Jane Wundersitz: Australia & International Virtual delivery. Conference, Executive and Leadership, Public Sector. Australia Wide | Adelaide | Canberra | Sydney | Perth | Alice Springs | Brisbane |Darwin
Jagrita Bhatia: Executive and Leadership Corporate and Government | Melbourne
Sonja Law: Executive and Leadership Government, Corporate and Schools | Melbourne | Sydney
VIA Strengths or VIA Pro Report
We recommend Kym Cameron Cameron, K. S. (2008). Positive leadership.
He describes what makes positive leadership so positive—what he terms “positively deviant performance”—and notes some of the results you can expect from such leadership, including impressive gains in productivity and effectiveness. Kim Cameron is one of Jane’s personal favourite researchers – a great gift for a leadership conference.
Cameron, K. S. (2008). Positive leadership. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.
Porath, C. (2016). Give your team more effective positive feedback. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2016/10/give-your-team-more-effective-positive-feedback
Ilies, R., Morgeson, F. P., & Nahrgang, J. D. (2005). Authentic leadership and eudaemonic well-being: Understanding leader-follower outcomes. Leadership Quarterly, 16, 373-394.
Seligman, M. E. P. (2002). Authentic happiness: Using the new positive psychology to realize your potential for lasting fulfilment. New York: Free Press.
In-Person Energising Keynote and Interactive Conference Workshop
- Australia Keynote Plenary Speaker POA From $3000 +GST (+ travel /accom if required)
- Interactive Conference Workshop | Half | Full Day POA Starts from $4000 +GST: cards/ table whiteboards etc. to support engagement for 26 tables groups up to 260 participants
- International Keynote POA (post-Covid-19)
*POA Varied speakers available – travel /accom additional
* Small team and Not for Profit/ Volunteer Group/ Student or Graduate groups/ Network events/ significantly COVID impacted industry / South Australian Based Business discounts- may apply for off-peak days.
- Half-Day In- house workshop POA from $2000 – $3500+GST
- Full-Day POA from $3500 – $5000 +GST
Virtual: 6 > 1000+ participants
- Virtual Keynote or Conference POA from $1800 +GST
- 2 x 90 min from $2000 +GST
- Half from $1600 +GST | Full from $2500 + GST
Value Package Options: Discount applies for bookings of 3 or more workshops virtual/ live or a combination. Online delivery option, please inquire.
- The Pink Flamingo: Culture Transformation Package
- Power Leaders Package
- Power Team Package
- Driving Positive Change Package
- SSO Package
This is What Our Clients Thought
“Worthwhile for any workplace leaders. Enjoyed unpacking current leadership essential skills.”University of south Australia
“10/10 Enjoyed the entire presentation and enthusiasm of the presenter”MacquarieFinance
“Engaging with a great balance of activities”Seaton Highschool
“Fabulous workshop and presenter - skills for professional and personal life”Adelaide Hills Council