1/2 or Full Day
Virtual 2 hrs
Onsite, Virtual, Conference
Australia Wide F2F + International Virtual Delivery
Building on our Strengths
Communication Professional Development Training for Teams
This is a crucial workshop for all teams who work in a fast-paced environment and hybrid teams, with a mix of face to face and remote workers.
Positive and authentic communication across a team is a foundation of building trust. Whilst we all aspire to open and honest communication so often it can be a challenge to achieve for a whole host of reasons.
Powerful Communication includes both appreciating positive output and performance from a team member and giving regular feedback across a team – with positive intent.
It seems this vital skill for all team members is often one of the biggest challenges.
Have you ever thought-
“I should say something but there never seems to be the right time”
Or have you encountered the situation when a team member may consistently fix another team members error but not mention it because they don’t want to upset them.
“If I wait long enough, it will sort itself out.”
or Have you noticed someone is doing really well in an area- but you fail to tell them you’re observations, or pass the positive things on to your manager? In reality – we need to give 6 x more positive feedback to our teammates as constructive feedback. Did you know 67% of teammates say they get to little positive feedback? Leaders are often expected to be the ones who solely give both positive and critical feedback in a team – yet the best teams have a consistent stream of performance base feedback across a team…and the most powerful practise is to ensure there is positive intent.
If you are keen to shift the communication dynamics in your team – embedding positive communication into your culture will be a game-changing shift that you won’t look back from.
Performance-based communication can and should be given up down and laterally within a work environment. Giving positive and constructive performance-based feedback effectively is a skill. And like all skills, it takes practice to build your confidence and improve.
- Insights into current research into the 3 core areas of positive communication
- Awareness of our own experience in receiving positive and constructive feedback and the impact it had on our performance
- Use communication skills to improve relationships by recognising the signs that it is time to talk about a situation
- Identify emotional and behavioural barriers and ways to overcome reluctance to receiving and giving feedback
- Golden rules for the first 30 seconds
- Use techniques to constructively initiate a feedback discussion with a team member, peer or your manager
- Prepare and deliver feedback with positive intent and in a way that builds confidence in what you are saying
- Use techniques to prepare for receiving feedback, judge its validity and make decisions on what to do with the feedback
- Identify practical strategies to assist when responses to feedback are unexpected
- Practise strength-based feedback which acknowledges the personal qualities that a team member brings to their role and contributes to a team for the collective benefit of team dynamics.
* Option to include a free Communication Profiling evaluation great to see the varied styles of communication
* Option to include style under stress cards for personal self-insight and the predominant style across a team
EVERY TEAM and EVERY ORGANISATION …Suitable for executive teams, leaders, work teams, public sector and brilliant for all of staff development days. Interactive and energetic in-person delivery supports positive culture and connection. We also deliver this virtually – with you all in a room or in different locations.
We happily tailor if there is specific challenges or changes within the business.
Why invest in a team workshop? What does welcome to the team mean in your organisation?
We often hear that new team members ‘hit the ground running; this is primarily due to the fast-paced nature of our organisations. One client mentioned, there is just less ‘chum factor’ – this is often presented to us as a lack of connection in teams or across departments. We still often hear the term ‘silos’. With technological advances, we communicate digitally and have less direct face to face opportunities to really connect. This session works brilliantly with one team, or you can have many in the room, and we will mix them all and have time with their own team.
Jane Wundersitz: Australia & International Virtual delivery. Keynote Plenary Speaker, Conference, Executive and Leadership, Public Sector, Employee and Team development | Australia Wide | Adelaide | Canberra | Sydney | Perth | Alice Springs | Brisbane |Darwin | Hobart | Regional | Mt Gambier |
Belinda Sudano: Conference, Executive and Leadership, Public Sector, Employee and Team Development | Melbourne
Kasey Lloyd: Conference, Executive and Leadership, Public Sector, Employee and Team Development. | Brisbane | Gold Coast | Cairns
Claudia Chambers: Executive and Leadership, Public Sector, Employee and Team Development. | Sydney | Byron Bay | Canberra
Lorraine Donahue: Executive and Leadership, Public Sector, Employee and Team Development.| Perth
Optional – Resilience Driven PR6 assessment ( POA – group discounts )
Pre and Post evaluation available for collective assessment: Recommended for Resilient People package.
In-person – Inhouse, Conference or Retreat – we bring everything required for the workshop. AV supplied by the client.
Virtual Training Delivered by Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Web-Ex. Conference or
Worthwhile Investment for every team … and we will endeavour to get to you wherever you are in Australia.
In-Person Energising Keynote and Interactive Conference Workshop
- Australia Keynote Plenary Speaker POA
- Interactive Conference Workshop 90 min > full-day POA From $2700 +GST> $7000 +GST cards/ table whiteboards etc. to support engagement for 26 tables groups up to 260 participants
- International Keynote POA (post-Covid-19)
*POA Varied speakers available – travel additional
In-Person Workshop: Australia Wide
- Half-Day In- house workshop POA from $2000 – $5000 +GST
- Full-Day POA from $3500 – $7000 +GST
- Small business/ NFP/ Network Group / Volunteer Group / COVID Impacted discount may apply
Virtual: 6 > 1000+ participants
- Virtual Keynote or Conference POA
- 90 min from $1200 +GST
- Half/ Full day from $1600 +GST
Value Package Options: Discount applies for bookings of 3 or more workshops virtual/ live or a combination. Online delivery option, please inquire.
- Wellbeing Boost Package
- The Pink Flamingo: Culture Transformation Package
- Power Leaders Package
- Power Team Package
- Resilient People with Applied Neuroscience Package
- Driving Positive Change Package
- SSO Package
This is What Our Clients Thought
“Loved this - so energising and engaging. It really brought teams together.”All of Staff Day Full Day 80 + ParticipantsAFL Sports Ready
“'You’re an awesome facilitator that can lift a room – not many people have that skill '”Nathan Wilson - Australian & NZ Leadership ConferenceNathan
“"Jane's content is dynamic, and her clever delivery and expert ability to read her audience to draw learning outcomes set her apart as a presenter, facilitator and speaker.Shelley Poten : Regional General ManagerFlight Centre Group : Delivered Virtually
I would recommend Jane's talents to any leader or organisation looking to achieve positive group outcomes."”
“'Inspirational- fantastic energy and real relevant learning. Feeling ready for anything.'”LincolnBoc Conference Melbourne